Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Mexico MTC Dedication by Elder Oaks and I was invited to say the opening prayer!!! Last week at the CCM!

Mexico MTC Dedication, Feb. 9, 2014, waving for the Church News Reporter and saying good-bye (my last week here)

Mexico MTC Dedication, February 9, 2014  picture courtesy of Church News Reporter





Hola familia!!                                                                                                Feb 11, 2014
What an amazing week!  Yes!  I did get to say the opening prayer for the Mexico MTC dedication in front of Elder Oaks!  I was so nervous but said a prayer and felt comforted and strengthened.  Mom, thank you for your prayers on Sunday, I felt it.  At the end of my prayer, Elder Oaks stuck out his hand for a handshake, I felt the power and the authority of his calling and was so cool to shake an apostle’s hand!  He gave a beautiful dedicatory prayer and stated that this MTC is vital for the work of salvation and will be a great MTC in this hemisphere.  We felt so blessed to have an apostle in our presence.  He gave a talk about being proactive and not waiting for the mission leaders to find members but to do service in any way we can.  He also talked about the great sacrifice and the faith the Mexican saints had to give up their beloved high school.  He said that Benemerito was always meant to be an MTC and was part of our Heavenly Father’s plan. It was so powerful and felt his strong spirit.  Others gave talks too about the great high school Benemerito was and how great this MTC will be.  Many surrounding mission presidents attended as well as many of the Seventy.  It was an amazing experience!  This lady was filming us before the dedication asking us what we felt to be in the presence of an apostle, when she came to me she asked me who my dad was and said I looked just like him.  I do not remember her name but she worked with dad in the religion department at BYU and also came down to Benemerito with dad a couple years ago for work.  She was really nice and said she remembered me when I was a kid.  She is bringing back a video of me saying my feelings about the dedication and said she will show it to dad.  It was amazing! 
           Well we are finishing up our investigators.  We have two new investigators, Cesar and Lucia.  Cesar is 16 and believes all religion is good.  We have been teaching him the power of the Holy Spirit and that he can know the Book of Mormon is true through a confirmation.  Lucia is 66 and has a disease that impairs her vision and her mobility.  She feels that the church is taking away her kids and grandchildren from her because they do not spend a lot of time with her.  We taught her that family is everything in our church and is essential to Heavenly Fathers plan. Also that the church has devoted one day out of the week to have family home evening.  Her heart was softened and felt the spirit very strongly.  We are going to teach her the plan of salvation next visit. Well, this is my last email from Mexico.  I have learned so much here at the CCM and have felt the spirit of the teachers and of the Lord.  This place is truly sacred.  Thank you for the package! I am very excited to receive it!  I love you all so much! and  I am so grateful for your prayers.  Thank you.  Love you!


Con amor, 
Elder Plummer

Last week at the Mexico MTC, this place is sacred ground for me!



No comments:

Post a Comment