Wednesday, June 11, 2014

June 9, 2014 - The work keeps moving forward!!



Hola familia,

Como estan? I am excited for Grandma and Grandpa! They are going to do great in DC. They will love the East coast. Thank you mom so much for the shirts and the protein and the bars! Really appreciate it. Did Dad get my birthday card in the mail? It should have arrived Saturday or Sunday. The work is progressing in Plainfield. We have two investigators on date for June 29th and July 6th. We are excited for Raquel who is from Costa Rica and Rebecca who is from El Salvador. Yesterday at church we had three investigators attend and four less actives. Raquel attended as well as Michelle's family. Michelle is a 17 year old girl that just moved from Guatamala who is very strong in the church. She is planning to go on a mission just like her cousins, aunts and uncles. Her mom is inactive and married a non member and had two kids. Michelle is a great example as she encourages her family to go to church, read and pray. We visited them last Saturday with our branch president and inspired them to go to church. We reminded them that they are always invited to church and the love we have them as well as the Savior has for them. They said they know they have to change and said they will change 'poco a poco'. They are a great family.

They other day we were visiting a less active named Jose Mercado. I was looking at a picture of the two missionaries that baptized him and noticed that one of the missionaries was Jeff Germane! Jeff actually baptized him and Jose has been trying to get in contact with him through social media for awhile. I told him he was in my ward and told them that I had worked with his parents. It was a great visit. He has been going through a rough time and really brightened his day. Dad or mom could you get me Jeff Germane's email and phone number? Jose would really appreciate that. He talks very highly of Jeff Germane. I feel that my Spanish is improving. Still working on conjugations. Every one is getting excited about the World Cup! They talk about it alot. Many are going for Argentina. This month we have a monthly focus on love. This week I have changed a lot and learned a great deal about love. This is President Jeppsons last month and we are going to miss him. Well, I love you all very much. Thank you for you love and prayers. I am so grateful to be a missionary in these last days.

Elder Plummer

PS. Let me know if Dad got the letter. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment