Thursday, March 5, 2015

I am going to be a mission (father), so excited to train

My fun zone

My zone again

Elder Perez and I, I will be getting a new companion tomorrow. I am so excited to be a good trainer.

Hello amazing family!
Last week President called me and extended the calling to be a trainer. I accepted and I am very excited! I will be getting the new missionary this Tuesday! That is great Mckay got a cat! Hope he has fun with it. Tanner congratulations on making it to BYU! I am so excited for you!
Yesterday it snowed a lot about a couple inches of snow. It is supposed warm up next week! Mom, could you send some protein bars? and some alfajores? whatever is easy for you to send! Thank you! Tu eres la mejor!
Last week was kind of slow, but we picked up a new investigator named David.

He has met with the sister missionaries for a couple months but they gave him to us because of some problems. He is a very smart and sincere guy from El Salvador. He grew up on the streets of New York City in a tough neighborhood. He said that he has always rejected religion but now he wants to embrace it and raise a family in a gospel centered home when he gets married. He has overcome a lot of anger mangement and other health problems.

We have taught him twice the BOM and the importance of Baptism. He has read a lot of the BOM and loves the doctrine and the story. He feels though that all churches lead to God and that all religion has truth. We told him he is correct that many religions have some truth and went through the apostasy and the restoration. He said he is going to pray about it. He also said that he wants to be baptized on March 8th. We are going to meet with him a couple more times this week and go through the baptismal questions and get a feel on how prepared he is. We are excited for him!

Andrea: We had a good lesson on the gospel of JC. She said she would come to church yesterday but woke up sick Sunday morning so she did not attend. She is praying and is progressing.

Sergio: We met with him last Tuesday. We met him from contacting. He is from Guatemala and arrived in the states about two months ago. The spirit was very was strong as we discussed the restoration. He is very sincere. We are excited for him!

Marcela: She came to church yesterday! She is still preparing for the temple. She wil probably be interviewed for a temple recommend this week!

We have been trying a lot of potentials and former investigators. We have also been going through the ward list as well. I am excited for this week with my trainee! We are going to work hard and have fun. Well,  I love you dearly Dad, Mom, Tanner, Mckay!

Elder Plummer

No comments:

Post a Comment