Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Loving it here by New York City!!! February 17, 2015



Lower Manhattan at night

New York City and I 

My comp, Elder Perez and NYC

NYC - daytime
Hey Family!
So I asked President if I could skype or call for Tanner's mission call opening and now I am just waiting for his response. I think he may say no because the rule of only talking twice a year but we will see:) Last week we found 3 new investigators. One was a referral from our investigator Meirna. Her name is Isabel and wants us to teach her 18 yr old son. We taught her the first part of the restoration and asked a lot of good questions. We then found Juan and Maria from the area book. We felt prompted to try them and when they answered the door they invited us and made us some hot chocolate not asking any questions about who we are. They are from Argentina and are very humble people. Juan is 29 years old and lives with his mom, Maria. They are very strong Catholics and made sure that we knew they are going to stay firm in the Catholic religion. We talked about the Bible and the BOM and said they will listen to all we have to say in the next coming weeks! They will take some time but we will help them feel the spirit and the truthfulness of our message.
Luis is still praying for a baptismal date. He did not come to church last sunday and we need to visit him again. He is reading the pamphlets we gave. We think he would like to be baptized this Sunday. He has been investigating for about four months.
We met with Andrea and went through the Plan of Salvation with her. She was a little on edge because her mother was very angry with her. But as we taught the lesson she felt the spirit and more at peace. She accepted to be baptized. She is awesome! We need to get her to church.
We have been working a lot with our less actives also. Ilda may have her leg amputated due to diabetes. We have been visiting her and giving her the sacrament. She is from Portugal and I was surprised how much I could understand Portugeese . Last week was crazy with my district. They are going through a lot right now, but they are such an amazing district that I know they will be fine. Grateful I am able to serve around them! Well, I hope family you have a great week!
Love you all so dearly!!


Love, Elder Plummer

No comments:

Post a Comment