Monday, November 3, 2014

My new companion is my high school buddy, Elder Muro originally from Peru via Orem, Utah!! By small and simple things, are great things brought to pass!

Elder Leon, Elder Stretch, my companion and I.

My wonderful trainer, Elder Jeffries

Ok, this is so cool to have my high school buddy, Elder Muro as companion

We are working hard and also having a great time!!! 
Gorgeous New York State



Dear Family,

What a great week! I now know the basics of French like introducing myself. It has come very handy. So my new companion is....ELDER MURO!!!!! We cannot believe it!! We were put as companions last Tuesday. It has been dropping into the 40s but we are staying warm. This is how our investigators are doing:
Rosalino: This was Elder Muro's first lesson in New City and they hit it off very well. We taught him the importance of scripture study, church attendance and praying. We then invited him to church but said he has work. We promised him as he made an effort to put church first he will be blessed economically and spiritually. He said that he will make the effort and will come next Sunday. Such an humble and awesome guy.
Glendy: She is less active but is planning to come back to church. Last week we taught her the plan of salvation which answered some questions about were her grandmother is going to go after this life. It was a very good lesson. We are planning to visit her weekly to clear up some questions she has about the church.
Adriana: We found her after a month and a half. She has been in the Dominican Republic for a couple weeks. But we had a good lesson on the importance of being baptized by someone with the authority of God. She said that she was baptized and does not want to keep getting baptized. We asked why do you think Jesus went to John who was far away in Galilee? We then explained the importance of correct authority. We felt like more of the problem was her testimony of Joseph Smith. We invited her to pray about the church and Joseph Smith. Great lesson.
Mario: He has been busy with work this week. We have set up an appointment this week though. Alejandro: Has been very busy with his family but we will see him this week.

Elder Muro has helped me with my Spanish already. I have learned so much. This week we have been working with many less actives and helping Elder Muro know the area. It has been a great week. One of my favorite scriptures is in Alma 37 which says, "that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise." I have seen on my mission that truly the small things like reading scriptures and praying bring a power that is great. I love you Dad, Mom, Tanner and Mckay so very much. Grateful to be a missionary!!
Love,
Elder Plummer

No comments:

Post a Comment