Sunday, May 31, 2015

Member involvement is so crucial!! May 25, 2015 - I am being transferred and was called to be a Zone Leader


Dear amazing family!

We now have iPads. We got the iPads last Tuesday and have been very helpful for teaching. Our iPads have strong filters on them and we have received good training on how to use them wisely. I am being transferred from West New York and will find out where I'm going to tomorrow. I am going to miss Elder Johnson a lot, we have grown very close. He has shown me so much patience and has progressed drastically. He is a great example to me.
Last night President invited me to serve as zone leader and I accepted. I felt an overwhelming feeling as I received it and confirmed to me that everything is in the Lord's hands.
We have had some amazing miracles last week.
We found Bonnie through a member referral. He works for herbal life and is always on the streets advertising and always sees us proselyting. He told his friend that he would like to talk with us. We received his number and we set up an appointment. We had a very spiritual restoration lesson and he also came to church yesterday. He was fascinated with our missionary force and by our temples. The spirit flooded the room as we testified of the BOM and Joseph Smith. All the talks at church yesterday were about the book of Mormon and about Joseph Smith. It was exactly what he needed to hear. In priesthood we had a good lesson about families which he was telling how it has been hard being divorced from his wife. cool experience!
We also had a good lesson with Domingo. We taught him the plan of salvation with hermano Sorto. It went very well. Hno. Sorto explained judgment and other concepts perfectly. The spirit testified to him that this plan was from God. He came to church yesterday and had Sorto by his side the whole time. I really see how crucial member involvement is.
We had a cool miracle Saturday. We were contacting in a complex when I felt I needed to knock this certain door. We heard a voice say "adelante!" We entered and there was a lady that is 94 years old and her friend must have been in her 70s in a wheel chair. We felt like we needed to talk about faith and as we were talking we brought how if we have faith in Christ was can overcome anything. She then told us that she has been suffering from Parkinson's disease. We then asked if she would like a blessing. She accepted and as we gave we felt a overwhelming spirit that God loves her and that she is ready to hear the gospel. After the blessing she said she felt at peace and we set a return appointment. Such a cool miracle. Testimony builder for me to know that God knows us perfectly. I love you all dearly! I will let you know next week where I am going!
Love, Elder Plummer
Sent from my iPad

I am going to miss West New York

No comments:

Post a Comment