Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Saying Good-bye to Plainfield - Dunnellen Area, I am going to miss them...... August 4, 2014


Querida familia,

Well, I know for sure now that I will be transferred. I will know for sure where I will be tomorrow. I am going to miss Plainfield. I have made lifelong friends and will for sure visit. We picked up a new investigator last week named Walter. He was a referral from an investigator we helped move. Walter was studying to become a pastor but his wife left him with two little girls and one of the requirements is you need to be married. So he actually lost his job as well and our branch president brought him and his little girls food from the church warehouse. He is prepared and has many of the truths already.  We are excited for him.
Efrain: He still wants to be baptized but has not come to church for the last two Sundays. We were also bold with him and talked about what will be his next steps to either separate or get married. He said that he does not want to get married, or does he want to separate because of his two children. We committed him to pray about his next step.
Raquel: We taught about why bad things happen to good people and shared Alma 14 about the saints getting burned but received to heaven. She responded well to this scripture and said she will give the Book of Mormon a chance. She seemed more open this time.
Melvin: Did not go to church yesterday because he was playing soccer. That night we taught him about the 10 commandments with an emphasize on keeping the Sabbath day holy. He felt bad for skipping church and still wants to get baptized.
Jose Guaman: We taught him the BOM and said he will read it. He believes that religion is not God and that God and Christ are free. He is a good guy. He has some false ideas but still wants to learn more.
We hit 20 lessons this week which has been our goal for this last transfer. Glad we were able to hit it before I left. We visited many less actives that we taught every single week while I was here. I am going to miss them.  I am so grateful to be a missionary and have felt the Lord's hand in my life. I love you Mom, Dad, Tanner and Mckay.


Elder Plummer



My District

Efrain (Investigator) from the Dominican Republic

Raquel (middle) great investigator and Vilma (member)

La familia Manzano (an amazing recent convert family) - I am going to miss them

Juventino (awesome less active)

Dinner at the Branch President's house

Hernan (returning member) 


Franklin (menos activo)

Melvin, our great investigator

La familia Yaurivilca from Peru











No comments:

Post a Comment