Monday, January 5, 2015

Amazing 13 yr old young man was baptized yesterday!!


I enjoyed interviewing this beautiful family for baptism

Trying really hard to eat healthy, mom, thanks for the green smoothies recipe

This 13yr old boy is amazing 

Elder Muro baptized Javier and I confirmed him

Playing the piano during sacrament

A beautiful spirit at Javier's baptism



Dear Family,
Javier was baptized yesterday by Elder Muro! It was a great service. I gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. His mom is a little unhappy with him being baptized but she will support him. For being 13 years old he knows a lot about the church but most importantly he is acting on his faith and testimony of the church and Christ. Such a great spirit! Yesterday for sacrament meeting the organist was sick and they asked me to play the piano. I played "Come follow me" which went alright and of course "Thank thee O God for a Prophet". It was great!
The trip to California looked so fun! I am glad you all had a great time. THANK YOU so much for ordering the messenger bag and the contacts! I have not received them yet but I will probably get it today. The crockpot could be a good idea. We don't have a lot of time at night so I don't know if I could put it all together. But we will see. Thanks for the idea! That is great to hear from Parley! Tell him hello for me. Miss playing basketball with him. I need to use the toothbrush. I will use it tonight :)
This is how our investigators are doing:
Ramon, Stephanie and Katherine accepted baptismal dates for Jan. 18th! They are reading the BOM and attending church. His wife has not attended church yet but we invited her to be baptized in Feb. She accepted. This family is so prepared to enter the Kingdom of God.
Natalia: She has decreased her consumption of coffee and has mixed it with the coffee substitute. It has been helping her to feel more healthy but says it has been so hard. She looked so much healthier and happy! We give her calls of encouragement often.
Fransisco: We picked him up as a new inv. last week. He is from Guatemala and loves reading the Bible. We taught him the restoration and he said it makes sense. The spirit was strong and we invited him to baptism. He declined but says he needs to think and pray about it.
Christian: He broke his leg last week playing soccer. We read 2 Nephi 31 with them and were very attentive. Great lesson.
It looks like I will be leaving New city in about two weeks but I am not for sure. I have been here for almost 6 months but does not feel like it. I can't believe I am going to hit my year mark this Thursday! It has gone way too fast. Love being a missionary! I know we can not do anything without the spirit. Grateful for his guidance. We are seeing miracles in our zone and area. Our zone has 23 scheduled baptism for this month! The Lord has blessed us. Love you all so very much!

Elder Plummer

No comments:

Post a Comment